Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the simple things in life or not so simple

So, I love simple things. Yes, cookies, COLD water, smiles, hugs, naps, rainbows, butteflies, shoes, a clear face, and people opening the door for me. Included in the small things are amazing people placed in my life. If you are reading this then that means you! But most of all today I am so excited about one of my Christmas presents. Todd happens to have an amazing office manager, Traci, who found me an orange peeler. Yep, you read it correctly. I have been looking for one of these for forever, literally. They are hard to find. According to a phone call I received yesterday or the day before she has located me one and I am getting it for Christmas! ha ha! I am SO excited about this little addition to my fruit fetish! Along with this amazing invention, we recieved a few engagement pictures through our photogs blog. They are turning out amazing and of course my sweetheart is so cute!

Look at them here:
http://www.snaptacularphotos.com/blog/?p=231

On another note.....

I have a question for you. I want to know if what you are living for is worth dying for? Read that s l o w l y. So I guess you have to answer the question, what are you living for? Better yet, WHO are you living for? If you are living for yourself and have bought into the notion of "its all about you" or "just make yourself happy".....then your answer is you are living for yourself. So are you willing to die for the things that you find SO important? Jesus dies for you. Could you die for what you are living for? I can tell you right now, I would say no. I would not choose to die for the things I spend most of my time on. School, internet, facebook, myspace, work....etc. SO that should tell me that I need to spend A LOT more time with my Father, my Savior, my comfort, my friend. He is my beloved and I am His. I would die for Him, to know Him more, to show his love more, to stand for what I believe. I want to be able to say...yes I will die for what I am living for because what I am living for is for Christ, not me, not you, not anything other than Christ. There is another part to this thought process. How do you get to the point where you are able to say you will die for what you are living for? First, you must die to yourself. Die to society's dumb crap that you are believing when you think all that matters is your happiness. That's not true. You weren't created for your own pleasure. We are created in the image of Christ. WE ARE ROYALTY. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. God looks at you as a piece of Him and that is majestic. Surrender your plans to Christ and let Him guide you and lead you in the direction that He has set before you. Put your wants and plans aside. Die to your ways of thinking and let God change them. Die to your sinful ways and let God replace those thoughts and actions with love. His love. Through that love you can serve others. You are most like Christ when you serve others.

I am learning to die to myself, my selfish ways, my wants. This is a great journey. I have peace, I am gaining more joy. This is all God's work. I am His workmanship and so are you!

No comments: