Thursday, January 21, 2010

4 years old and haven't attended one birthday yet

Today my wonderful, lovely, beautiful, amazing, naughty, cute, sweet talker of a niece is 4 years old. Her name is Hailey Grace and she is so dear to my heart.










I have not been able to celebrate one birthday with her because she moved away when she was about 5 months old back to North Carolina with her mom and dad (my brother). Every year my heart aches when her birthday comes and I can't be there to help her celebrate and watch her open her presents and do a happy dance.

This year I am thankful because next month her mom and her little brother will be making the move back to Texas, hopefully for the last time! They have moved around because of my brother being in the military. They have decided to settle in Texas when he returns in April from Afghanistan. I am so excited about this. I hope I will get the chance to watch her and Connor grow and I want her to have a special place in her heart for her Uncle Todd and Aunt Amy. This is most exciting.

I will try and call her tonight after I get off work and listen to her talk about mamaw and papa and ask if they still have all those puppies. I really love how she says her birthday is in jan-ju-ary. I get so tickled at this. I appreciate all that her mom does for them while my brother is gone overseas. I pray that he returns home safely and they get settled into a normal life!

I await your return Justin, Ashley, Hailey, and Connor!

Love,
Aunt Amy




No comments: